Kent Supported Homes helps young people develop necessary life skills and maturity by enabling them to experience being part of a supportive living environment. We think that young people will benefit from some freedom and responsibility, while sharing time and a home with positive role models.
As a host, you will provide a young person with a furnished room, and help them learn to live independently.
Our young people are in care, or care leavers aged 16-21, they may have left foster care or experienced a family breakdown. You will be encouraging young people to be independent by providing emotional support and independent living skills, such as cooking, cleaning and budgeting.
Who we support
We support young people who:
- wish to leave foster care, but are not ready to live independently
- are turning 18 and unable to remain in their foster care placement
- come into care after a recent family breakdown
- are unaccompanied asylum seekers
- are pregnant or have a baby or toddler in their care
- may have mental health issues
- display challenging behaviours
- are in education, employment or training.
Every young person needs a different level of support. We can offer you the chance to progress from standard to enhanced placements, once you feel ready to support a young person with greater needs.