Online information event - August
These events will include information on:
- what fostering and supported homes are
- the children and young people that need foster care and supported homes
- how to become a foster carer or supported homes host, including how to apply and what to expect from the training and assessment
- the different types of fostering and supported homes work our carers and hosts undertake
- the pay, career opportunities, rewards and the support we offer at Kent Fostering and Kent Supported Homes.
You will be able to hear from our foster carers, supported homes hosts and social workers who will be available to answer any questions you have. There will also be an opportunity for you to be linked with a foster carer or host following the event should you wish to speak to them individually.
Once we have received your request, you will be sent a link to join an information event.
Each event will start with a brief presentation, foster carers sharing their experiences and then an opportunity for you to ask questions. This will last up to 2 hours.
You will need the Microsoft Teams app to be able to join these events if you want to use a smartphone or tablet. The app is free and is easy to download.
Children and young people need caring and supportive families, to help them recover from the difficult experiences they have faced and move onto the next stages of their lives. Whether that is a return home, onto a permanent foster family, adoption, or independence. Please join us from the comfort of your own home to learn more about fostering and supported homes. If you have any further questions then please contact our friendly Enquiries Team who will be more than happy to help. We look forward to meeting you soon.