Why foster with us?
Carers often tell us that fostering is one of the most rewarding things they have ever done. If you have the energy and space in your life, we’d love you to join our team.
We’ve been looking after children in Kent for over 40 years.
By joining the Kent Fostering family you will be joining the most experienced fostering service in the county.
Our promise of support to you begins from the moment you start your fostering journey with us.
Why become a foster carer with us?
- We are recognised for fostering at a national level – rated Good by Ofsted.
- We will provide you with an excellent induction and regular training so you’ve got a great foundation to work from
- Local support, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year - We understand you will have questions out of hours. Whatever happens we are always at the end of the line to talk
- The support you will receive is provided by KCC staff who know your local area.
- Our team is highly experienced – and obviously we are biased but we also don’t think you’ll find a friendlier team to work with!
- We are supported by Kent County Council, who ensure a level of commitment and service you will be hard-pressed to find elsewhere.
- Unlike other agencies we are committed to making the transition into fostering as smooth as possible. We place Kent children in Kent homes, critically within 10 miles of their ‘home’.
- The children in our foster care get a choice of placement as far as possible and are shown our foster carer profiles when matching
- We make transferring from an IFA simple.
- The children you care for are local so the waiting times for matching and between placements will be less than with an IFA.
The benefits of fostering with us
- 24hr support, with an assigned mentor and social worker
- Regular salary when you are caring for a child
- The job satisfaction of helping the children in your care to thrive and grow
- Career development with recognised qualifications and training local to you
- Work from home
- Careful matching and breaks when you need it.
What to do next
If you wish to become a foster carer, why not attend one of our fostering events and find out more about the service.
Make an online enquiry or, contact us for an informal chat with one of our friendly team, call 03000 420 002, open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.
If you think fostering could be for you, find out more about who we are looking for.