Our resource library is available for you to use. If you want to find out more about a specific subject then get in touch with us and we'll point you in the right direction.
Care Leaver Progression Partnership
The Care Leaver Progression Partnership is made up of organisations in Kent and Medway, committed to improving the post-16 education and training experience for local children in care and care leavers.
Visit the Care Leaver Progression Partnership website for more information.
Coraam BAAF is a support organisation for agencies and professionals who work with children and young people.
Visit the Coraam BAAF website for more information
FosterTalk is an independent, not-for-profit organisation providing high quality professional support to foster carers.
Visit the FosterTalk website for more information or call 0800 040 7675.
Kent Cares Town
Kent Cares Town provides information for all young people who are or who have been in the care of Kent County Council.
Visit the Kent Cares Town website for more information.
The Fostering Network
The Fostering Network is the UK's leading foster care charity. You may find it helpful to look at their publication list, and/or join the association. They also have CD-ROMs available.
- Attachment, Trauma and Resilience. Therapeutic caring for children: by Kate Cairns published by BAAF
- Fostering Changes, Treating Attachment Disordered Children: by Richard Delaney published by Wood N Barnes
- The Magic Years - understanding and handling the problems of early childhood: by Selma Fraiberg published by Simon and Schuster
- Fitting the pieces together: by Vera Fahlberg published by BAAF
- Helping children to build self-esteem: by Deborah Plummer published by Jessica Kingsley
- A journey through placement: by Vera Fahlberg published by BAAF
- Promoting Resilience in Children in Foster Care: by Robbie Gilligan
- Attachment-Focused Parenting, Effective Strategies to Care for Children: by Daniel A.Hughes
- The secure base model: by University of East Anglia