Online information event - December
Because of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we have replaced the face to face information events in May, June and July 2020 with live online events.
These events will include information on
- the children and young people needing foster care
- how to become a foster carer, including how to apply and what to expect from the assessment
- what is fostering?
- the different types of fostering our carers undertake
- the pay, career opportunities, rewards and the support we offer at Kent Fostering.
You will be able to hear from our foster carers and social workers who will be available to answer any questions you have.
If you would like to attend, please contact us:
- call 03000 42 00 02
- complete our online enquiry form
- email KentFostering@kent.gov.uk
- send us a private message via the Kent Fostering Facebook page.
Once we have received your request, you will be sent a link to join an information event.
Each event will start with a brief presentation, foster carers sharing their experiences and then an opportunity for you to ask questions. This will last about an hour.
You will need the Microsoft Teams app to be able to join these events if you want to use a smartphone or tablet. The app is free and is easy to download.
Children and young people still need caring families so please join us from the comfort of your own home to learn more about fostering. If you have any further questions then please contact our friendly Enquiries Team who will be more than happy to help. We look forward to meeting you soon.