Because of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we have replaced the face to face information events in May, June and July 2020 with live online events on the following dates:
- 13 May 2020, 7pm
- 3 June 2020, 7pm
- 7 July 2020, 7pm
These events will include information on:
- the children and young people needing foster care
- how to become a foster carer, including how to apply and what to expect from the assessment
- what is fostering?
- the different types of fostering our carers undertake
- the pay, career opportunities, rewards and the support we offer at Kent Fostering.
You will be able to hear from our foster carers and social workers who will be available to answer any questions you have.
If you would like to attend, please contact us:
- Call 03000 42 00 02
- Complete our online enquiry form
- E-mail KentFostering@kent.gov.uk
- Send us a private message via the Kent Fostering Facebook page.
Once we have received your request, you will be sent a link to join an information event.
Each event will start with a brief presentation, foster carers sharing their experiences and then an opportunity for you to ask questions. This will last about an hour.
You will need the Microsoft Teams app to be able to join these events if you want to use a smartphone or tablet. The app is free and is easy to download.
We still need foster carers
There is ongoing need for homes for children in Kent.
Throughout the outbreak, we will continue to take enquiries, send out application forms and start assessment processes.
We'll keep in touch with people who register to explain how, and when, home visits are able to take place.
So please, if you are considering fostering, get in touch.